An Algorithm for Happiness

To me - this is Humanism in a nutshell.  Can Can I make today a little bit better than yesterday?

This video is Google's Mo Gawdat discussing how he approaches, pain, suffering and happiness

His approach. Accept that bad things are going to happen. Then ask the question - is there anything I can do to make the world better and slightly less bad?  The answer is almost always yes.

Having chosen yes - and working on what we can - we give our lives meaning and purpose and connection. And that seems to lead to feelings of happiness, despite the bad things that are happening.

The Humanist approach to life - in a nutshell.


If you want to learn my humanist approach to living - check out my online course: Living Made Simpler: https://humanistlearning.com/livingmadesimpler1/  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...